headspace Primary Care, of Parramatta Mission is works with young people ages 12 to 25 who are experiencing mild to moderate mental health concerns. Young people are able to access centers in person or via phone and see or speak to a Primary Care clinician. Services are delivered by primary care and specialist providers working together within a unified, accessible and integrated service framework.
The Youth Access Team Clinician position focuses on completion of intake and assessment of young people presenting to headspace, determine suitability of the program and to coordinate care for young people within the consortium. This includes ensuring treatment goals are met and adjusting provisions to help the young person meet their identified needs and goals.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1) To promote the principles of early intervention, including establishing links with stakeholders and maintaining/strengthening these links
2) To maintain and promote an awareness of young people’s primary health issues in the community e.g. GP’s, Service Providers
3) To provide care co-ordination to young people to assist them in achieving the goals and action outlined in their care/management plan
4) To develop a systems-based approach to young people, as well as actively facilitate the provision of appropriate services across the full range of government and non-government agencies and individuals.
5) To provide accessible groups that meet the needs of young people and offer individual sessions where appropriate to address specific needs
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology (must be provisionally registered as a minimum), Social Work or Occupational Therapy
- Registration or eligibility of respective professional body
- If provisionally registered have a current primary supervisor
2. Demonstrated experience of clinical practice within the mental health field (includes clinical placements and relevant volunteer work such as Lifeline).
3. Demonstrated ability to provide triage and assessment of individuals with preference for assessment skills in a mental health setting.
4. Demonstrated ability to provide evidence-based clinical practice
5. Willingness to collaboratively plan and coordinate a comprehensive bio-psycho-social approach and interventions to meet the needs of consumers.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and to contribute to a culture of hope, optimism and recovery for adult consumers and their families/ significant others.
7. Willingness to exercise clinical judgment on routine matters in consultation with management and their support as required.
8. A high level of interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with a willingness to collaborate, consult and liaise with other professionals and services.
9. Ability to use relevant Information Technology and electronic recording systems and data management tools and commitment to comply with same
10. Ability and willingness to maintain documentation of clinical care and actively contribute to clinical review processes and planning for consumers within a recovery framework. Ability to liaise with internal and external agencies
1. Experience working with specific populations of young people (e.g. Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander populations, CALD, LGBTQI)
2. Experience working with Drug and Alcohol related issues
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Enquiries only to firstname.lastname@example.org . To Apply do not email cv but click Apply button. Ref 494939 /1326
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.