War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
This role provides administrative and clerical services to the inpatient ward, as directed by the Nurse Unit Manager. This includes prompt, efficient, and professional customer oriented telephone and reception service to internal and external clients, staff and visitors. The role assists with record keeping, data collection and data entry, including the use of iPM, EMR, IIMS, MAC and other relevant programs. The role also assists with maintaining administrative resources and office co-ordination. The role works across the 35 bed unit, covering 2 floors, interacting with aged patients and their families.
This position is a full time permanent role. The successful applicant will be required to work Mon-Fri from 08:00-16:30.
1. Experience in a variety of clerical positions including reception, word processing, data entry, filing, faxing, scanning, etc.
2. Demonstrated ability to plan, organise, and problem solve within a team environment and with indirect supervision
3. Excellent interpersonal communication skills including both verbal and written
4. Demonstrated ability to prioritise workload and deal with multiple demands
5. Demonstrated commitment to provision of quality customer service to both internal and external customers with respect and understanding of the elderly and aged care.
6. Demonstrated experience or commitment to learn MS Office suite and healthcare databases
7. Demonstrated experience in frontline reception duties with highly developed telephone skills
Enquiries to: Jodie Wason, Nurse Unit Manager
(02) 9369 0249
Position Description: PD_Ward Clerk_Sept 2021.pdf
Applications Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Apr 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 17th October 2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct, which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.