War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
The Transitional Aged Care Program based at War Memorial Hospital provides time limited, multidisciplinary support and low level therapy to both residential and community clients.
The AHA/AIN will work within a dynamic multidisciplinary team (Occupational Therapist, Social Workers, Physiotherapist, Dietitians and Nursing staff) to provide therapeutic intervention and support to aged clients delivered in their homes following a period of hospital care. The AHA/AIN assists clients in task such as maximising independence in personal care and domestic tasks, community/public transport access and completing exercise programs. The provision of care will be supervised by the multi-disciplinary members of the TACP team.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and flexible AHA/AIN who is passionate about working with aged clients in the community. This position would suit an individual who values helping the older adult to maximise their quality of life.
Applicant must have a Class C NSW drivers licence and have access and use of own reliable and fully insured car that is suitable for necessary patient transport. This is reimbursed through the payments and conditions for private vehicle use under the relevant pay award.
This position is a temporary full-time role from Monday-Friday. The end date for the contract is 30 June 2023. The applicable award is dependent on qualification (Allied Health or Nursing). Job share will be considered.
1. Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or Certificate III in Aged Care or Rehabilitation Nursing or equivalent
2. Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience working within an aged care, rehabilitation or exercise setting
3. Demonstrated experience in providing physical care to people in the community setting
4. Proven interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels with internal and external stakeholders
5. Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and work with minimum supervision, to organise work priorities and manage time effectively
6. Demonstrated computer literacy including ability to use the MS Office suite of programs and eMR
7. Current NSW Drivers license, own reliable and fully insured car suitable for occasional patient transport and able to work full time Monday to Friday 8am - 4.30pm
8. Commitment to working within the Uniting Inspired Care values
All NSW Health workers are required to have received at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status at interview.
Enquiries to: Helen Tassell, WMH TACP Manager - (02) 9369 0438 / 0434 431 714 or Sarah Hamilton on 9369 0441 Sarah.Hamilton@Health.nsw.gov.au
Application Guide: WMH Application Guide_Aug 2022.pdf
Position Description: PD_TAC AHA-AIN_TFT_July 2022.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, 6th October 2022
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.