War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
The physiotherapist’s role is to plan, coordinate and deliver high quality physiotherapy care to clients of War Memorial Hospital, consistent with South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) and Uniting policies, procedures and standards.
This position has been created to enhance our inpatient Saturday and Public Holiday service by providing continuity of rehabilitation and increased intensity of therapy for patients on the weekend. The position is an integral part of a small team of two physiotherapists and one Allied Health Assistant, who work with both the nursing and medical teams.
WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
1. Degree or Post-Graduate Qualification in Physiotherapy and current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
2. Experience working as a physiotherapist in aged care and/or rehabilitation
3. Demonstrated ability to provide comprehensive client centred assessment, outlining clinical reasoning, and care plan development in consultation with the client, carer and multidisciplinary team
4. Demonstrated ability to provide safe and effective therapeutic interventions in both individual and group modes which maximise improvements in clients’ functional abilities
5. Proven high level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to proactively engage with patients/clients and the MDT to enhance service delivery
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to exercise independent professional judgement on routine matters, commensurate with years of experience
7. Computer skills and the capacity to use health information systems
8. Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and evidence based practice and a commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning
This position is part time fixed term role on Saturdays and Public Holidays (8.30am-12.30pm) from Sat 3rd July 2021 - Sat 2nd July 2022.
Enquiries to: Jill Hall, Physiotherapy Manager, ph 9369 0226; Jill.Hall@health.nsw.gov.au
Application Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Apr 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Thursday 24th June 2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.