War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
This position will join both the WMH Occupational Therapy and WMH Transitional Aged Care (TAC) teams to plan, coordinate and deliver high quality Occupational Therapy intervention to patients of War Memorial Hospital (WMH) consistent with AHPRA, Uniting, NSW Health and South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, procedures and standards, to achieve patient/client health outcomes within specified timeframes.
This role will help facilitate the delivery of an effective, flexible, innovative and integrated Occupational Therapy service. The role requires participation in quality initiatives within the Occupational Therapy and TAC teams and/or hospital.
A demonstrated commitment to quality improvement, evidence based practice, ongoing clinical and professional learning is required.
This position will be a 6 monthly rotational position between inpatient rehabilitation and the community based rehabilitation with the TAC Team.
The TAC program is a goal oriented, time limited program that provides of multidisciplinary support and low level therapy to older people at the conclusion of a hospital episode, who require more time and support to complete their restorative process, optimise their functional capacity, finalise and access their longer term care arrangements.
It operates both in the community and residential TAC settings. The TAC team comprises of social workers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses, dietitian services and in-house care assistants.
This rotating position will allow the successful applicant to gain skills in a wide range of settings including Inpatient aged care rehabilitation, and the TAC Program in the community.
This temporary full time (76 hours per fortnight) role is available now until 30 June 2022 with possibility of extension. Required days of work are Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.30pm.
1. Degree or post graduate qualification in Occupational Therapy and current General Registration with AHPRA with demonstrated ability to provide Occupational Therapy intervention in an aged care rehabilitation setting.
2. Demonstrated ability to provide comprehensive client centred assessment, outlining clinical reasoning, care plan development and case management in consultation with the client, carer and multidisciplinary team
3. Demonstrated ability for assessment and treatment of pressure care, equipment prescription, home assessments, prescription of home modifications and group work
4. Demonstrated ability to manage clients with complex psychosocial issues and/or chronic and complex health care needs
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to exercise independent professional judgement on routine matters, commensurate with years of experience
6. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate across all levels and departments within WMH and external stakeholders and to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery
7. Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and evidence based practice and a commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning Demonstrated understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and hold a current NSW Drivers’ license Class C
Enquiries to: Helen Tassell, Transitional Aged Care Manager on 0434 431714 email Helen.Tassell@Health.nsw.gov.au or Jane Corlett, A/Occupational Therapy Head of Department,
Phone: 9369 0229, email Jane.Corlett@health.nsw.gov.au
Position Description: Occupational Therapist Level 1-2 - Rotational_Temp FT_Oct 2021.pdf
Applications Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Apr 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 17/10/2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.