War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
Learn more about War Memorial Hospital at the following link:
An exciting professional development opportunity exists for a suitably skilled candidate to provide high quality administration within the War Memorial Hospital (WMH) Clinical Information and Medical Record Department (CIMRD). This position works alongside and under the supervision of the Clinical Information and Medical Records Manager (CIMRM). This department is a small and integral unit within WMH which provides support service to the inpatient, outpatient and community areas.
The CIMR Administration Officer role is responsible for clinical record compilation, electronic workflows, admission and discharge processes and supporting robust documentation requirements for hospital accreditation. There is direct interface with patients, clinical and administration staff at in-patient, out-patient and community levels. This position plays a central role in ensuring accurate recording, reporting and storage of clinically related data for business and clinical performance purposes. The CIMRD Administration Officer liaises with other administrative roles within the WMH in ensuring an efficient and effective patient billing process across the various clinical services. The CIMRD manages and appropriately delegates the maintenance of medical records in line with legislative requirements as guided by the CIMRM.
The role is well supported by direct line management of the CIMRM. There is a network with relevant SESLHD counterparts and committees. Professional development is supported and encouraged.
1. Experience in the provision of high quality administration services in a clinical informatics healthcare environment
2. Experience or willingness to learn about medical records and Clinical Information Systems as per service requirements.
3. Experience in health billing processes ensuring efficient workflows and optimal funding streams
4. Capacity to work under direct supervision and also autonomously in meeting departmental and hospital duties ensuring effective organisation, prioritisation and timely completion of tasks
5. Proven high level oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills with a customer focus and a sound attention to detail
6. Ability to support the CIMR Manager in delivering relevant workplace training on clinical informatics systems utilising adult education principles
7. Demonstrated computer experience including the Microsoft Office Suite and experience in or willingness to learn health database packages (such as iPM, CHOC, eMR etc) including report generation
8. Experience in or knowledge of ACHS hospital accreditation requirements under the National Standards with specific focus on clinical informatics and medical records
This position is part time permanent role 3 days per week, days are negotiable.
All NSW Health workers are required to have received at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status at interview.
Position Description: PD_Medical Records Administration Officer_May 2022 (1).pdf
Enquiries to: Glenda de Mesa – Clinical Information & Medical Records Manager – Ph: 9369 0242
Applications Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Nov 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 22/05/22
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.