War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
War Memorial Hospital is committed to providing excellent Podiatry services for people over 60 with high risk foot conditions. We are currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Podiatrist to join our Podiatry Department.
This permanent full time position functions as part of the multi-disciplinary team to plan, coordinate and deliver high quality Podiatry care to outpatients and inpatients of the WMH, consistent with WMH, Uniting and South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, procedures and standards.
The Podiatrist is responsible for assessing patient needs and eligibility, treatment planning and managing their designated caseload. The role also entails health promotion responsibilities with frequent provision of education to patients and staff.
WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
1. Approved Tertiary or Post Graduate Qualification in Podiatry from a recognised tertiary institution and current national registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
2. Demonstrated ability to provide high quality clinical services including client assessment, treatment and goal setting.
3. Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery.
4. Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to exercise independent professional judgment on routine matters, commensurate with years of experience.
5. Demonstrated high level computer skills and the capacity to use health information systems.
6. Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and evidence based practice and a commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning.
7. Demonstrated understanding of Work Health and Safety (WHS) principles.
8. Current NSW Drivers’ Licence.
This position is a full time permanent role starting w/c 1 July 2021.
Enquiries to: Julia Fisher – Senior Podiatrist – 02 9369 0219 - Julia.Fisher@health.nsw.gov.au
Application Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Apr 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Wednesday 23rd June 2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.