War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, iREAP Day Rehabilitation Program, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
Our integrated Rehabilitation and EnAblement Programme “iREAP” provides comprehensive early intervention to clients at risk of frailty and falls, or those with a degenerative neurological disease such as Parkinson’s disease. This anticipatory model of care aims to improve the quality of life of older clients in the community and prevent avoidable hospital admissions by building partnerships with local GPs and community providers by identifying clients earlier in the course of their condition.
Each client receives an individualised multidisciplinary programme of care, tailored to their particular needs. The iREAP Coordinator co-ordinates the care from Allied Health outpatient services, Geriatric Medicine and Continence Clinic over an eight week programme, as well as providing education sessions, group and individual therapy relative to their discipline.
The iREAP Co-ordinator is a suitably qualified allied health professional, responsible for leading, guiding and coordinating the integrated Rehabilitation and EnAblement Programme and implementing high levels of clinical expertise in order to provide high quality care to clients of War Memorial Hospital consistent with Uniting and South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) policies, values, procedures and standards.
As the iREAP Coordinator, your responsibilities are to:
This role is 24 hours per week across Monday, Wednesday and Thursday or Friday.
1. Holds a current relevant tertiary qualification in Allied Health and corresponding registration, with a minimum of 3 years full time equivalent clinical experience and knowledge working in aged and/or community and outpatient care.
2. Significant experience in rehabilitation clinical services in specific allied health discipline, with particular interest in frail elderly populations and neurodegenerative conditions.
3. Demonstrated ability to provide clinical services as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to apply independent professional judgement when dealing with situations of a complex nature.
4. Demonstrated ability to provide high level clinical support and supervision to professional, technical and support staff.
5. Excellent negotiation, decision making and advocacy skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, throughout all organisational levels.
6. Demonstrated high level interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to provide high level advice and education, high level computer skills and the capacity to use health information systems.
7. Ability to initiate, lead, complete and share quality improvement initiatives, research projects and service evaluation processes
This position is a part time fixed term contract role for up to 12 months from August 2021 to August 2022.
Enquiries to: Genevieve Maiden, Allied Health & Integrated Care Manager
Application Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Apr 2021.pdf
Applications Close: Wednesday 23rd June, 11.30pm.
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.