War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
Elizabeth Hunter Lodge (EHL) is a highly valued and unique independent accommodation service for regional, rural, overseas and interstate patients/carers/family who are requiring medical treatment at any Sydney Metropolitan health facility. EHL offers non-clinical, budget motel style accommodation as well as private unit options. The accommodation service aims to provide a client centred homely environment with economical pricing that optimises Government subsidisation programmes, eg IPTAAS.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the WMH team as the permanent fulltime EHL Manager. The EHL Manager enjoys a frontline customer service role which directly influences the guest experience during their city stay. This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day operational management of the Lodge, which includes bookings management, billing processes, guest administration and support services, networking with referral sources and oversight of internal housekeeping service provision. There is one direct staff report, that being the in-house housekeeper.
The role ensures ready access to accommodation for clients and their carers/families, in addition to maintaining a sustainable business model. The EHL Manger actively profiles the service and seeks to expand customer referral base. There are strong networks with the treating teams and support services of the Metropolitan hospitals, alongside the Regional and Rural referral sources. The EHL Manager will ensure that the policy and procedures of WMH are followed in addition to meeting Health accreditation and WHS standards.
The substantive role is as EHL Manger, with the capacity to undertake other administrative duties at WMH as requested by WMH Executive Management.
This position is part time fixed term role (24 hours per week across Monday-Friday) from August 2021 – August 2023.
1. Appropriate qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in a relevant operational management/ accommodation management and/or in a health administration type role
2. Demonstrated experience or understanding of client centred service in a health setting which balances efficient business practices with compassionate customer service
3. Demonstrated capacity to prioritise, multi-task, time manage, generate reports and meet deadlines
4. Proven high level of interpersonal skills – verbal, written and electronic processes which support high quality customer service and proactive marketing strategies
5. Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team, to direct and follow direction
6. Experience and understanding of billing, invoicing, stock ordering and cost centre management principles
7. Demonstrated IT proficiency including MS Office suite and other relevant databases e.g. Room Management System (RMS)
8. Experience and/or willingness to learn Healthcare Accreditation and Work Health Safety processes
Enquiries to: Jane McGuire – Service Manager – email@example.com – 0404 336 966
Position Description: PD_E Hunter Lodge Manager_Temp PT_July 2021.pdf
Applications Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Apr 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 1st August 2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.