Uniting and Parramatta Mission provide Specialist Homelessness Services across Western Sydney for young people, single adults, and women with children. We have a range of crisis and transitional accommodation, outreach, and early intervention programs. Parramatta Mission is looking to recruit to several Residential Support Worker positions within our Specialist Homelessness Services.
In our Specialist Homelessness Services you will be working with vulnerable people whose lives have been impacted by trauma. You will be part of a team working to provide a safe, high standard of accommodation and support. Working with people in the residential services environment can, at times, be challenging. Helping to make a positive difference in the life of a vulnerable person is a significantly rewarding outcome of this important work.
Daily you will assist the people residing in our care. This may include helping them develop living skills, facilitating their access to services, and promoting their physical and emotional well-being.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) To assist with intake and assessment and assist development the monitoring of individual case plans, based on specialist Homelessness Services Practice Guidelines.
2) Ensure operational procedures are followed as per the service procedures as detailed in the operations manual.
3) To assist in the delivery of individual assistance for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
4) Maintain and coordinate communication including answer incoming telephone calls and managing incoming/outgoing mail
1. Certificate 4 in community services, mental health, youth work or other relevant qualifications
2. Previous experience working with at risk of homelessness people
3. Knowledge best-practice for SHS funded Services.
4. Good communication skills and ability to keep accurate records
5. Computer proficiency
6. First aid certificate
7. Unrestricted Driver’s License
8. Working with Children clearance
1. Previous experience working in Crisis
2. Training Identify and Respond to Risk of Harm
3. Cultural awareness training
4. First Aid certificate
5. Mental health First Aid
6. Demonstrated competence in Work Health and Safety and food handling
7. Child protection training
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing each of the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Enquiries to email@example.com . To Apply do not email cv but click Apply button. Ref 1298
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.