At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Due to current and projected growth, we currently have multiple opportunities for both permanent full time and part time support worker positions based on your availability and flexibility.
Joining our Home and Community Care team as a Support Worker in the Northern Sydney region, you will be providing services that run from 7am-7pm, Monday to Sunday. All flexible availabilities within these times will be considered. With a focus on supporting our clients to stay independent in their own homes for as long as possible, duties and responsibilities can include:
· Help around the home: Assisting with housekeeping, grocery shopping and meal preparation
· Personal Care: Help with showering and getting dressed
· Transport: Getting to appointments or going on outings
· Social and wellbeing: Encourage social connectedness through conversation, outings, and activities
We are bold, imaginative, respectful, and compassionate.
As a support worker you will join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community. You will benefit from:
· Knowing that you are improving someone’s quality of life
· Opportunities for further education and career advancement
· Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
· Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
· Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
Qualifications and experience:
· Ideally similar experience providing client centred care
· Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
· Driver’s licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
· Desired but not essential: Certificate III/IV in Aged Care or Individual Support or equivalent qualifications
Click to apply now, don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
At Uniting we believe that being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is the best way to keep our employees and clients safe. That’s why we require all potential new employees to have received three (3) doses of a COVID-19 vaccine before they start work with us.
For any questions, please contact Mitchell Heaven, Talent Acquisition Specialist on email@example.com.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.