War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified nursing (Years 3-8) or allied health (Level 1/2) professional to join the multidisciplinary SESLHD Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) based in Waverley.
This position and team are located at War Memorial Hospital in Waverley. We are looking for an experienced nursing or allied health professional to join a supportive multidisciplinary ACAT in an assessor role. The ACAT Assessor primarily undertakes comprehensive assessments of frail older people in the community, inpatient, and residential aged care settings. ACAT Assessors are mobile across the district and may cover Bayside, Georges River, Randwick, Sutherland, Waverley, Woollahra, and parts of Sydney Local Government Areas. Comprehensive aged care assessments encompass the evaluation of physical, medical, cognitive, psychological, environmental, and social aspects, and are an integral component of the Commonwealth Government's My Aged Care System.
The role requires an individual who is capable of providing an effective assessment service to frail older people, as well as younger people with age-related needs, who experience a range of health, functional, social, and economic issues that impact on their lives. The ACAT Assessor works in a range of home environments and may deal with complex family dynamics, and therefore must be able to conduct their work in a professional, non-judgmental manner.
This position is a part time fixed term contract role until June 2023. The award and grading is dependent on qualification (Nursing or Allied Health).
1. Tertiary qualifications in Nursing or Allied Health and eligibility for membership of the appropriate professional body and/or current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
2. Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience working with older people in an acute, community, and/or residential aged care setting
3. Sound knowledge of healthcare and functional support needs of older people and their significant others in hospital, community, and residential aged care settings
4. Demonstrated care planning skills with ability to provide advocacy, education, and support to clients, significant others, and service providers
5. Demonstrated high-level interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including computer literacy
6. Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, as well as, function effectively within a multidisciplinary team
7. Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Improvement initiatives and Work Health Safety principles relative to community health service delivery
8. Current unrestricted driver’s license allowing you to drive in NSW
Enquiries to: Julie Kraegen, ACAT Team Leader Waverley. The award and grading is dependent on qualification (Nursing or Allied Health).
(02) 9369 0234 Julie.Kraegen@health.nsw.gov.au
Position Description: PD_SESLHD ACAT Assessor_Fixed Term PT_Jul 2021 pdf
Application Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Apr 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 1st August 2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.