At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Located in Central Coast, Uniting has a fantastic opportunity for a compassionate, enthusiastic and experienced Residential Service Manager to steer, motivate and support our team at Uniting Starrett Lodge in Hamlyn Terrace on a full time basis.
Your responsibilities will be varied and will require for you draw upon your experience to encourage supervise and support a diverse range of staff from multidisciplinary backgrounds.
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills who can contribute to a harmonious team and advocate on behalf of our clients and families in alignment with the Uniting core values; compassion, bold, respect and imaginative. This is a pivotal management role best suited to a talented candidate who considers themselves to be an expert within the field of aged care.
Key responsibilities may include:
• Manage the day-to-day service operations to ensure evidence based best practice care is implemented
• Monitor financial performance, budgets and the ACFI submission process to formulate initiatives to ensure future sustainability
• Oversee recruitment, selection and training for all staff in partnership with Human Resources
• Investigate and provide innovative solutions on systems and processes for continual improvement
Adopting a person-centered approach you will provide guidance, ongoing development and regular feedback to ensure performance expectations are fulfilled in adherence to Aged Care Accreditation Standards.
• Degree /Diploma or higher in the relevant field of study
• Current registration with AHPRA as Registered Nurse
• Flu and Covid vaccination
Skills & experience
• Extensive experience in Aged Care, Social Services, Management or related disciplines
• A good net-worker to develop partnerships with participants external to the organisation.
• Solid financial management with track record in delivering operational strategies
• Confident in navigating and nurturing teams through ambiguity and change
• Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
• Postgraduate qualifications in aged care, health service management or similar
• Certification from Case Management Society (CMSA)
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For Further Information Contact: Sarka Budinska on 0439 512 267
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.