LikeMind provides free and confidential integrated services for adults experiencing mental health concerns, as well as their families and carers. LikeMind aims to establish partnerships across sectors and brings together existing community services to one accessible and engaging community space to develop an integrated service hub of co-located help and support. The program uses a consumer-driven recovery model to work together with consumers to address their mental health needs.
The Senior Clinician role is an integral role of the leadership structure acting as the 2IC providing onsite clinical leadership to the team. This role will support line manager in effective and efficient management of team resources including being the first point of contact for all clinicians/team.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) As a senior clinician, providing mentoring and clinical supervision as required to colleagues and students and clinical support to the team
2) Work as a part of the multidisciplinary team to ensure timely access for consumers and their families
3) Provide comprehensive assessment and intervention in line with best practice to assist consumers in achieving the goals and actions outlined in their care/management plan.
4) Ensure high quality of service delivery, commitment to ethics, and values by working within the principles of Best Practice in Mental Health Service delivery.
5) Work collaboratively to maintain effective, sustainable relationships with consumers and their families/significant others and relevant service systems
1. Approved tertiary qualifications in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work with full registration with AHPRA or eligible for membership with the AASW.
2. Minimum 3 -5 years demonstrated experience (excluding clinical placements) within the mental health providing high quality triage, assessment and evidence based psychological interventions where required.
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently and ability to exercise independent judgment on routine as well as complex, or critical tasks specific to the discipline
4. A high level of interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving and demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and negotiate within a multidisciplinary team.
5. An understanding of recovery model principles and ability to implement these in clinical practice
6. Ability to effectively engage consumers and their families, as well as other stakeholders, including the ability to be creative and flexible.
7. Demonstrated a commitment or willingness to continue professional development, contribute to workplace education through clinical supervision, training and education
through the provision of seminars, lectures or in-services.
8. Ability to maintain the philosophy, standards, and policies of the service model to promote the recovery of young people
9. Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act (2007) and the Children and
Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act (1998) and other relevant legislation
10. The ability to use relevant information technology, electronic record systems and data management tools
11. Current NSW Driver’s License
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing each item of the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
A competitive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, use of Telehealth, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Parramatta Mission encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Enquiries only to email@example.com . To Apply do not email cv but click Apply button.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.