War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
The Registered Nurse (RN) works within the inpatient aged care rehabilitation ward at War Memorial Hospital (WMH).
The successful candidate is responsible for the provision of high quality specialist nursing care for aged care rehabilitation patients in a safe and competent manner within the practice guidelines determined by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
The role of the RN includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary health care team to achieve patient centric goals and health outcomes.
The RN is central to the implementation of WMH model of care. The RN reports to the Nurse Unit Manager and is readily supported by the NUM, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Clinical Care Co-ordinator and Clinical Nurse Educator alongside a committed nursing team.
Please address the Selection Criteria individually in your application.
1. Current Registered Nursing Enrolment with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
2. Effective verbal and written communication skills
3. Good interpersonal and time management skills with an ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
4. Commitment to personal and professional development
5. Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality patient care to the older patient using critical thinking
6. Demonstrated understanding of Aged Care Rehabilitation
7. High level of commitment to patient safety and quality improvement
8. Minimum 2 years experience working as an Registered Nurse in a hospital setting
This is a Permanent Full Time position.
Enquiries to: Ruth Smoother, Nursing Unit Manager - Ruth.Smoother@health.nsw.gov.au - (02) 9369 0249
Application Guide: WMH Application Guide with forms_Apr 2021.pdf
Applications Close: 11.30pm, Sunday 20th June 2021
WMH is proudly committed to the provision of environmentally sustainable health services. WMH operates under Uniting’s values and Code of Conduct which employees are committed to uphold. It is important that the people who work at Uniting have a sense of commitment to our purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and we select staff based on merit and experience. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.