At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
About the opportunity
Works as part of the Payroll Shared Services team to process workers compensation fortnightly pay runs including lodgements to our insurer. Ensure that all processes are executed accurately and in a timely manner across all functional tasks. As well as operate as the subject matter expert for workers compensation and escalation point to resolve issues and optimize the contribution of the team through coaching and counselling while working with the Payroll Manager to implement workable solutions to the business issues/problems for payroll operations.
This is a full-time fixed term contact position to March 31st 2023, based in Parramatta with flexible working from home arrangements.
• Process fortnightly workers comp documents and payroll
• Ensure compliance of all processes and award interpretations
• Assist team members in a back-up role for vacation and/or high-volume work efforts.
• Escalate potential service issues to the Payroll manager
• Provides subject matter expertise, interpretation, coaching and counsel with colleagues/team members regarding workers compensation payroll matters.
• Responsible for documenting and implementing quality control measures and processes
• Accountable for ongoing management of effective internal and external stakeholders’ relationships across all workers compensation matters.
• Other ad hoc duties
The suitable candidate
• Minimum of 5 years of high volume, fast pace and customer orientated payroll experience.
• Experience with Preceda payroll systems (an advantage)
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
• Experience in a shared service environment and a solid understanding of current EA agreements and awards, HR practices, Salary Packaging, FBT, PAYG, workers compensation, and timesheet management, procedures, operations, and legislation.
• Demonstrated coaching/mentoring and organisation skills to effectively work, supervise, and manage payroll services team members
• Excellent time management, analytical, and issues resolution skills
• Highly developed stakeholder engagement and professional communication skills with all levels of customers and stakeholders.
• Experience working with specific workers compensation matters
Please click on the link below to access the PD.
Apply Now! Applications are reviewed upon receipt.
Questions? Please email Louise Massie - email@example.com
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (3 doses) as a condition of employment.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check, working with children check and reference Checks.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.