The Enhanced Adult Community Living Supports (CLS) of Uniting is a community outreach service assisting adults across NSW recover and transition to quality of life in the community. The service delivery is individualised and flexible. It is based in the in-Home Model targeting individuals with stable housing. Service provision commences from the inpatient unit and transitions into the community
This Mental Health Support Worker is responsible for providing a range of individualised psychosocial supports to consumers. Working within the recovery model and using a holistic, person-centered approach, the Mental Health Support Worker will support the consumer to achieve their goals. This includes support to build capacity to improve a consumer's life through increased abilities and skills, ongoing collaborative monitoring of consumers recovery journey and supporting the development and monitoring of individualised recovery plans.
• Certificate IV in Community Services, Mental Health, Peer Work, or equivalent and relevant to the field of work.
• Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
• One (1) or more years expereince in your field of expertise.
• Ability and commitment to work with consumers, health workers, the community and community organisations.
• Understanding of issues and concerns affecting mental health consumers with a working knowledge of and commitment to consumers rights and responsibilities.
• Understanding and practical knowledge of the implementation of the core principles and philosophies of the Australian mental health consumer movement and recovery-oriented practice.
• Ability to provide individualised psychosocial support to people living with severe and persistent mental illness.
• Demonstrated ability to develop individual support plans with consumers, with a focus on supporting consumers reach their recovery goals.
• Mental Health First Aid certificate, or equivalent.
• Current First Aid certificate.
• Completion of ASIST training and/or experience in suicide intervention.
• Experience with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
• Advanced knowledge of local community service networks such as Community Housing Providers, Department of Communities and Justice and Local Health Districts.
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Enquiries to Talent Acquisition Specialist Rose Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org . Reference 500187
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.