The Uniting Adult Mental Health Service works with consumers with severe and complex mental health conditions aged from18 years in the community
Working with the service provides benefits for professional development and career progression. These benefits include;
The team provides assessment, intake, co-ordination and functional recovery-based therapy. The team also works closely with General Practices and private psychiatric practices to enhance engagement with appropriate services, acceptability among consumers, efficiency in the utilisation of existing services, and to achieve increased responsiveness and comprehensive identification of needs.
The Clinician role is responsible for working as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive recovery focused, evidence-based clinical care coordination, assessment, and psychological interventions to clients.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (such as Psychology, Social Work Registered Nursing or Occupational Therapy).
• Full membership with the respective professional body (such as AHPRA), or eligibility for membership with or AASW.
• Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
• Experience of two (2) years or more of clinical practice providing high quality triage, assessment and evidence based psychological interventions where required.
• Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and coordinate a comprehensive bio-psychosocial approach and interventions to meet the needs of clients.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and ability to exercise independent judgment on routine as well as complex, or critical tasks specific to the discipline.
• A high level of interpersonal skills, problem solving and demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and negotiate within a multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to use relevant Information Technology and electronic recording systems and data management tools and commitment to comply with same.
• Ability and willingness to maintain documentation of clinical care and actively contribute to clinical review processes and planning for clients within a recovery framework.
• Demonstrated a commitment or willingness to continue professional development, contribute to workplace education through clinical supervision, training and education through the provision of seminars, lectures or in-services.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act (2007).
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Position criteria.
Benefits & culture
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Enquiries to Talent Acquisition Specialist Rose Rivera on 0438 206 164 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Ref 499591
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.