About the Opportunity
This is a full time fixed term contract working 38 hours/ week up until June 2022 with likely extension
The Continuing Care Team (CCT) Clinician role is an integral part of the multidisciplinary team. The role involves the provision of comprehensive, evidence-based clinical case management, psychological and psychosocial interventions consistent with the EPPIC model of care.
The overall aims of the CCT clinician position are:
• To reduce the duration of untreated psychosis in order to minimise the impact of a first episode of psychosis on the normal developmental trajectory of the young person
• To minimise the subjective distress of young people and their families associated with the experience of early psychosis and a first episode of psychosis
• To screen and reduce the incidence of metabolic syndrome
• To enable both symptomatic and functional recovery from a first episode of psychosis
headspace Parramatta, Mount Druitt and Penrith delivers the headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program. The headspace Primary Care program offers an “open door”, easily accessible, early intervention service for young people wishing to obtain support for mental health or substance use issues. The headspace Early Psychosis program is a specialist service which focuses on providing comprehensive services to support young people who are at risk of developing a psychotic illness, or those who have experienced a first episode of psychosis.
Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and AHPRA or appropriate professional body membership:
- Registered Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Psychologist or Provisional Psychologist
- Social worker (must be eligible for registration with Australian Association of Social Workers)
Key Selection Criteria
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in people’s lives!
If you want to become a part of our positive and respected team, do not hesitate to apply now. To be considered for this position please upload your resume as well as a Cover Letter responding to the two Targeted Questions below (2 A4 page max);
TQ1: Demonstrated experience in clinical practice, and in delivering contemporary, evidence-based practices and therapeutic interventions for young people.
TQ2: Demonstrated skills and experience provide high quality assessment and evidence based psychological interventions, within a stress-vulnerability and recovery framework for young people
Should you have any questions, please contact Alex Sullivan from Uniting’s Talent Acquisition Team on;0466 801 937 / email@example.com for more information.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks, which include National Police Checks, Working with Children Checks and Reference Checks.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.