The GambleAware program of Uniting provides a stepped, multimodal, individualised approach to supporting people impacted by gambling harm as well as those who are at risk of developing gambling harm behaviours.
The role of the GambleAware Counsellor is to deliver person centred and flexible therapeutic counselling support to individuals, families, and significant others in order to assist in reducing the negative effects of gambling harm.
The counsellor will provide an evidence-based therapeutic counselling service to reduce the negative effect of gambling on individuals, families, and significant others. They will also raise community awareness of problem gambling issues and provide services via promotional and educational activities.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide face to face, phone, and digital counselling in line with funding requirements.
• Deliver psycho-educational and gambling related group programs.
• Actively participate in local community events to ensure strong GambleAware presence.
• Provide outreach support to reduce barriers to service access.
• Ensure collaboration between local services to achieve better cross referral pathways.
• Relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent in counselling or psychology.
• Experience and training in addiction and/or gambling counselling.
• Demonstrated skills & experience of a broad range of therapeutic approaches when working with individuals, couples, and families.
• Membership of professional association (i.e. APS, PACFA).
• Demonstrate highly developed communication skills in written and oral situations, with supportive & positive attitude toward all persons for whom there is responsibility, accountability, or care.
• Computer literacy.
• Excellent time management, multitasking and follow-up skills.
• Willingness to affirm Parramatta Mission’s vision and values.
• Current NSW driver’s license.
• Current working with children’s check.
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Enquiries only to email@example.com or 0438 206 164. To Apply do not email cv but click Apply button. Ref 1307
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.