GambleAware Financial counselling stream of Uniting is designed to empower clients to actively participate in addressing their financial situation and provides a doorway into wrap around support services to ensure a holistic, collaborative approach is adopted.
The role of the GambleAware Financial counsellor is to deliver person centred and specialist financial counselling support to individuals, families and significant others who have experienced or at risk of experiencing negative effects of gambling.
Our GambleAware Financial counselling stream is designed to empower clients to actively participate in addressing their financial situation and provides a doorway into wrap around support services to ensure a holistic, collaborative approach is adopted.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide face to face, phone, and digital counselling in line with funding requirements.
• Ensure every interaction with clients and potential clients is underpinned by the principles of unconditional positive regard.
• Ensure support provided is person centred and culturally appropriate.
• Support and empower those who are experiencing financial difficulties to develop short term crisis management solutions and assist to develop long term prevention strategies.
• Provide EAPA and WDO support to eligible clients.
• Develop individual and tailored action plan in collaboration with client.
• Provide all clients with information, analysis of options, and referrals to appropriate wrap around support.
Diploma of Financial Counselling, or equivalent and relevant to the field of work
Typically, this role will require 3 or more years’ experience in your field of expertise. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be organised, systematic, thorough, accurate and disciplined. You will be continuing to develop in your area of expertise and be expected to provide innovative ideas to solve problems in your discipline. It is expected that you will possess good skills at navigating a complex organisation, forging relationships, and managing through influence rather than direct authority as required
• Welfare industry experience.
• An interest in and/or knowledge of gambling harm issues.
• Sound background and training in general counselling.
• Experience in trauma counselling
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Enquiries only to firstname.lastname@example.org . To Apply do not email cv but click Apply button.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.