At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. As an organisation we celebrate diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Uniting is one of the largest not-for-profit community service providers in NSW and the ACT, with a rich history of providing services to the community for more than 100 years. We have more than 550 services, as far north as Tweed Heads, as far west as Broken Hill, and as far south as the ACT.
About the role:
This role develops engaging and innovative training material, including both paper and paperless resources, in collaboration with key stakeholders and subject matter specialists. Training resources support the ongoing education and development of Uniting’s staff through the design and development of learning and development initiatives that meet RTO regulatory requirements and Uniting’s capability framework.
• Diploma of Training Design and Development or similar
• Minimum TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
• Qualification in Instructional Design, or related subject or demonstrated equivalent knowledge and/or experience.
The successful candidate:
• Regular participation in training and development to keep updated on industry standards and innovation
• 5 years’ experience writing Vocational Education and Training (VET) materials linked to specific units of competency and qualifications.
• Experience in writing adult learning professional development programs
• Experience working in a counselling, social work or community services context.
• 3 years’ related experience in the development of paper and paperless learning and development materials, including the development of e-learning modules
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Proficient in the computer applications and tools required for designing and developing training deliverables.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with an ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to prioritise, schedule and meet deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including listening skills, to build rapport with key stakeholders
• Knowledge of adult learning principles, training design, planning, and organising methods.
• Strong understanding of document formatting and presentation techniques.
• Regular participation in relevant industry forums and networks
Further to this we offer:
• The opportunity to join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
• Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
• Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
• Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which will include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.