At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. As an organisation we celebrate diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Uniting is one of the largest not-for-profit community service providers in NSW and the ACT, with a rich history of providing services to the community for more than 100 years. We have more than 550 services, as far north as Tweed Heads, as far west as Broken Hill, and as far south as the ACT.
About the role
As the Course Coordinator you will be responsible for the coordination, administration and support of programs delivered in accordance with our learning and development strategy. The predominant focus of the role will be coordinating and supporting learners undertaking accredited training programs through our RTO. This will include supporting our Uniting Traineeship program. In addition, your role will include maintaining learning and development records.
• Provide support to students enrolled in accredited and non-accredited training programs
• Provide ongoing support to Uniting staff enrolled in traineeship programs, supporting with course coordination, preparation of resources and student monitoring and progression
• Enter student information into our student management system
• Ensure the provision of professional learning materials and resources for all courses in a timely manner
• Efficiently manages resources associated with the course delivery and undertakes all required monitoring, evaluation and reporting associated with the courses
• Supports the evaluation of course materials for quality assurance and continuous improvement
• Book and manage Facilitators and Trainers for training programs
• Monitor enrolments, update schedules and communicate as required
• Track and report student progress for all accredited training
• Liaise with students and the trainers and assessors to ensure timely completion of assessment requirements
• Attends and participates in student meetings
The successful candidate:
• At least 3 years industry experience
• Sound experience in coordination and implementation of organisation wide learning and development programs
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to develop strong relationships with students, colleagues, internal and external stakeholders
• Attention to detail combined with a track record of delivering results
• Systematic, thorough, accurate and disciplined.
• Knowledge of adult learning principles, training design, planning, and organising methods.
• Proven proficiency in Microsoft suite
• Ability to work to a schedule, prioritise and see tasks through to completion in the required timeframes
• Ability to identify and respond appropriately to student learning and wellbeing needs
Further to this we offer:
• The opportunity to join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
• Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
• Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
• Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $2,650 per year (pro-rata)
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which will include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.