The Youth Enhanced Support Service (YESS) Northern Sydney is an innovative community mental health service based in Chatswood. It provides multidisciplinary care for young people who have, or are at risk of developing, severe mental illness. This service provides case management and psychological intervention for the “missing middle” - people too complex to be managed by GPs, school counsellors, and private psychologists alone, but not acute or severe enough to reach the NSLHD threshold for care.
The successful applicant will be the Clinical Lead (Consultant Psychiatrist) for a multidisciplinary team comprised of allied health professionals including psychologists, D+A worker, family therapist and peer worker. This team works closely with headspace and partners with community organisations to deliver an accessible, integrated service tailored to meet the individual needs of consumers within a recovery framework. The Consultant Psychiatrist will oversee clinical quality assurance processes, supervision of staff, contribute to the development and maintenance of community partnerships with key external stakeholders, and facilitate relevant research activities.
YESS Northern Sydney has been recognised by the NSW Mental Health Commission for its model of care https://www.nswmentalhealthcommission.com.au/content/karrikin-youth-mental-health-service and was selected by Orygen Youth Health (University of Melbourne) as one of 6 sites across Australia to take part in their "Implementation Lab" https://www.orygen.org.au/About/Service-Development/Youth-Enhanced-Services-National-Programs
Uniting NSW.ACT has been commissioned by Northern Sydney Primary Health Network to deliver YESS Northern Sydney. Uniting NSW.ACT is a NGO specialising in mental health care. It delivers several clinical mental health programs across Sydney including headspace Centres, headspace Early Psychosis Program Western Sydney, LikeMind and Youth/Adult Enhanced Mental Health Services (Northern Sydney, Western Sydney, Nepean Blue Mountains, South Western Sydney).
The Clinical Lead YESS Northern Sydney position is an important leadership role within Uniting NSW.ACT. The successful applicant will join a group of psychiatrists committed to high quality care and innovative service delivery.
1. Registration or eligible for registration with Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
2. Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) and/or equivalent specialist recognition
3. Proven capacity and/or experience in the provision of effective high quality service in the specialty, demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality improvement activities relevant to the specialty.
4. Demonstrated commitment to teaching with experience in teaching both medical and non-medical staff within Uniting NSW.ACT
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with medical and other health services colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, colleagues, and staff and to work as an effective member of the clinical team across multiple sites.
6. Demonstrated ability to engage a range of internal and external stakeholders relevant to the position.
7. Demonstrated experience in and commitment to research relevant to the role and needs of Uniting NSW.ACT
Enquiries: Dr Paul Fung, Clinical Director - email@example.com
Interested applicants should submit their applications addressing the above criteria to: Shona Dutton, General Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.