LikeMind is a primary mental health program, funded by the NSW Ministry of Health. LikeMind provides free and confidential integrated services for adults experiencing mental health concerns, as well as their families and carers.
LikeMind utilises this service hub to offers pathways to integrated mental health care by working alongside co-located general and specialist care options including care coordination and support. The program uses a consumer-driven recovery model to work together with consumers to address their mental health needs.
The Clinician role is an integral part of the LikeMind multidisciplinary team. This role involves provision of comprehensive, evidence-based clinical care coordination, assessment, and psychological interventions to consumers where required.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) To provide primary mental health support to consumers by establishing links with key stakeholders, clinical pathways, community organisations and utilization of existing partnerships to provide holistic care.
2) To maintain and promote an awareness of primary health issues in the community e.g. GP’s, Service Providers
3) Provide triage and assessment to consumers accessing support via LikeMind using a holistic biopsychosocial approach
4) To provide care co-ordination to consumers to assist them in achieving the goals and action outlined in their care/management plan 5) To provide short term intervention using Best Practice Models for consumers of LikeMind, in a one-to-one or group setting
1. Approved tertiary qualifications in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work with full registration with AHPRA or eligible for membership with the AASW.
2. Minimum 2 years’ experience of clinical practice field (excluding placements) within the mental health providing high quality triage, assessment and evidence based psychological interventions where required.
3. Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and coordinate a comprehensive bio-psychosocial approach and interventions to meet the needs of consumers.
4. Demonstrated ability to engage and work collaboratively with clients. Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and function autonomously while being able to effectively work in a multidisciplinary team
5. Ability to work independently and is required to exercise independent judgment on routine matters.
6. Willingness to work independently or with professional supervision from more senior members of the profession or health team when performing novel, complex, or critical tasks
7. A high level of interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with a willingness to collaborate, consult and liaise with other professionals and services.
8. Ability to use relevant Information Technology and electronic recording systems and data management tools and commitment to comply with same
9. Ability and willingness to maintain documentation of clinical care and actively contribute to clinical review processes and planning for consumers within a recovery framework.
10. Contribute to the evaluation and analysis of guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to their clinical/professional work and may be required to contribute to the supervision of discipline specific students.
11. Demonstrated a commitment or willingness to continue professional development, contribute to workplace education through clinical supervision, training and education
through the provision of seminars, lectures or in-services.
12. Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act (2007) and other relevant legislation
13. Current NSW Driver’s License
1. Prior experience of using electronic databases.
2. Experience working in a strengths-based recovery framework.
3. Experience working in an NGO
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.