About the role
We are looking for a Chaplain to be part of the Uniting Church’s team of Civil Chaplains in NSW. The person in this position is responsible for delivering quality spiritual and pastoral support to residents, inmates and staff across Hunter Region Mental Health facilities.
This role is focused on providing innovative, ethical and theological support to patients and staff while offering pastoral support and leadership within the regional team and to staff of Uniting.
The successful candidate will have Diploma or Degree in Theology or Ministry or equivalent; one or more units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or equivalent.
Working hours and Terms of Placement are in accordance with the Guidelines of the Uniting Church, Synod of NSW and the ACT and calls for the Chaplain to adhere to the polity and ethos of the Uniting Church, and the Mission Vision and Values of Uniting.
Your experience ticks the following boxes:
• Demonstrated experience working or volunteering in health or mental health contexts.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the Uniting Church and its polity, its structure, systems and processes.
• Demonstrated understanding of the needs of patients and their families.
• Highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including moderate computer skills.
• 5 years in pastoral ministry
• Existing external relationships with congregations and community services groups
• Ordained by, or meets the criteria to be ordained by, the Uniting Church in Australia or a suitably qualified lay person of the Uniting Church
Who is Uniting?
Uniting is the Community Service arm of the Uniting Church
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of community services, disability, aged care and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. As an organisation we celebrate diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity.
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Essential criteria.
Curious and want to know more? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Rev. Graeme Tutt: email@example.com or 0423 224 528.
Closing Date: Friday 25th November 2022
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.