Women and Family Services of Uniting and Parramatta Mission support women and children with the aim of breaking the cycle of homelessness through person centred support and coordination, referral, advocacy and development. We support the development of their skills through education training, self development, and by linking them to appropriate supports.
The Case Manager ensures effective delivery and supervision of the Specialist Homelessness Services to ensure the delivery of high-quality care to service users. This includes case management assistance using a strengths-based approach, partnering with clients to effectively meet their individual needs and work towards independence where appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Provide developmentally appropriate and responsive case management service to clients in Western Sydney
2) Work with clients to develop, implement and review a Case Management Plan
3) Ability to work autonomously and as part of the larger team
4) Apply a strengths-based person centred approach
5) Support client to develop their skills to enhance self-care and self-determination
1. Minimum 2 years’ experience working within relevant field
2. Certificate IV in Community Services, Mental Health, Youth Work, or other relevant qualifications
3. Demonstrated skills in time management, setting priorities and being able to plan and organise workflows
4. Strong administration and technology skills
5. Ability to work autonomously as well as part of the larger team
6. Demonstrated ability to apply a strengths-based and person centred approach
7. Knowledge best-practice guidelines for Specialist Homelessness Services funded services
8. Demonstrated engagement with complex clients
9. Demonstrated experience liaising with other professionals to develop partnerships and referral pathways.
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
11. First Aid Certificate
12. Unrestricted Driver’s License
13. Working with Children Clearance
14. Willing to undergo National Criminal Record Check
1. Demonstrated experience in case management.
2. Previous experience working with Specialist Homelessness Services.
3. Cultural Awareness Training
4. Mental Health First Aid
5. ASIST training
6. Demonstrated Competency in Work Health and Safety
7. Safe Home Visiting
8. Training to Identify and Respond to Risk of Harm
To Apply, click the Apply button & attach your Resume and Cover Letter addressing each of the Essential criteria.
What we offer:
An attractive salary with generous NFP salary packaging benefits, along with professional development and training opportunities in a friendly work environment.
This is your opportunity to promote hope and recovery in peoples lives!
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted and must be prepared to undergo a Criminal Check and provide Working with Children Clearance.
Enquiries to email@example.com . To Apply do not email cv but click Apply button. Ref 1314
You'll now be directed to a page to complete your application.
Before you go! Please feel free to provide your details and we'll make sure to keep you informed with the latest jobs and news from Uniting NSW.ACT.